Apprentice Facilities Assistant
Facilities team, Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Facilities Assistant to join the Facilities team within our Cambridge office. The Apprentice will report to the Facilities Team Leader.
The Apprentice will take responsibility for answering questions and queries, ensuring that staff and partners have access to a comprehensive and high quality facilities service, which provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients. This role will also provide relief reception cover on our main reception desk.
The Facilities team provide a service between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:30 pm and your working hours will be 7 hours each day on a weekly rota basis to ensure all services are provided within our core working hours.
Whilst working as an Apprentice Facilities Assistant, you will be studying towards a Facilities Operative apprenticeship. You will be given sufficient time to complete assignments and training in order to meet the standards required by the course.
To be successful, the role requires someone who:
- Has at least 4 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4 (formally Grade C) to include mathematics and English
- Has a genuine interest in a Facilities role
- Is committed to see through the term of the apprenticeship
- Has the attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- Has the ability to work towards having good planning and organisational skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Has the ability and desire to develop excellent communication skills
- Provides excellent support and client service at all times
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Ha the ability to offer flexibility with working hours
- Ensure all internal and external post is dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Collect from post points during the day and process collection including follow up mail with no identification.
- Set up meeting rooms/tables and chairs (including specified equipment) requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is available, set up correctly working prior to arranged meetings/seminars.
- On a rota basis undertake the town round in order to deliver/collect items from our local external clients
- Carry out floor captain duties, including, but not limited to, stationery checks, internal meeting room checks, replenishing paper
to copier machines, maintenance issues, collection of post, accompanying contractors on site.
- Support the reprographics function of the team with required tasks to the highest standard (ie photocopying documents and plans,
collating/binding documents, printing plans and scanning text/pictures and terriers). Notify your line manager of any faults
with the reprographics equipment.
- Support the Senior Files & Deeds Assistant, carrying out such file management activities as appropriate.
- Assist in office/desk moves, as required.
- Ensure the office equipment and furniture is usable and liaise with internal colleagues to arrange repairs or replacement as necessary.
Be aware of how to operate the office equipment correctly and know the procedures to follow in the event of faults or damage.
- Ensure the constant provision of all stationery supplies in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the requirements of the
- On occasions, provide efficient reception cover.
- Report building maintenance issues and areas of damage to your line manager.
- Be available to support with general maintenance and minor repairs as required.
- Distribute incoming faxes to the relevant member of staff.
- Professional conduct & compliance
- Report any concerns regarding breach of confidentiality to the appropriate person.
- Comply with the firm's procedures for the safe-keeping of documents.
- Ensure relevant team database/records are accurate and up to date on a regular basis
- Carry out an active role during planned and unplanned fire drills and any emergency situations involving the whole office.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an Assistant level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm's Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm - they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Diversity & Inclusion
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link: M&R website link
- HR Business Partner - 12 Month FTC
Job location: United Kingdom
Full time, 12-month fixed term contract – Mater...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Life Sciences - Cambridge
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Legal Team PA (Real Estate) - Cambridge
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...