|Discipline:||Corporate & Commercial|
|Contact name:||Aimee Kelly|
|Contact phone:||01612348727 (5727)|
|Published:||24 days ago|
|Closing date:||01 July 2022|
What does the role involve?
Due to significant and continued growth, we need an ambitious and experienced banking and finance solicitor to join our banking team, to be based in our Birmingham office. The team is based within our Corporate & Commercial National Service Line (“NSL”).
You will work closely with David Varnham who is a banking partner based in Birmingham but will work with all of our team of banking partners and your responsibilities will include:
- Advising banks, lenders, fund managers and other corporate and institutional clients (both borrowers and lenders) on all aspects of finance and security issues. Sectors covered will include leveraged finance, corporate lending and borrowing, real estate finance, Government finance, bonds and capital markets and asset based lending.
- Support work for the corporate team on funding issues in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions work, as well as work for the commercial and real estate departments on funding issues in M&A work, portfolio property re-finances and more.
- Drafting and preparation of various documents required within the transaction processes.
- Being actively involved in assisting with marketing to new and existing clients and responsible for developing and sustaining relationships directly with clients
Our client base is varied and consists of clearing banks including RBS, HSBC and Barclays, debt funds including AgFe, Homes England, international banks including Wells Fargo and asset based lenders such as PNC Business Credit, together with other corporate and institutional clients. An important growth area for the team will be working with international banks operating out of London (including large US) and other debt funds.
What experience is required?
You will be NQ+ PQE with experience gained in a firm renowned for banking and finance work. Your experience will be substantially or wholly gained working in the banking and finance sector and you will be ambitious to progress.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics
- Technically strong
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Good time and file management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Self-starting with common-sense and initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build good working relationships with clients and potential clients
- Excellent interpersonal and the ability to project manage and lead a team on a portfolio.
Who will I be working with?
You will be based in our Birmingham office but will work with members of our national banking team. The cross office banking team is part of the wider Corporate and Commercial NSL, currently headed by Kevin Lowe. So if you want to join a supportive team, dealing with high value complex and cutting edge domestic and international banking a work, this is a role for you.
Our banking and finance team is top rated by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 and each of the team’s partners are ranked as leading individuals in Chambers UK. We have a proven track record of acting on “first of a kind” transactions where we have developed new structures and solutions to help clients with particular requirements to access financing and see innovation in financing structures as crucial to our continued success and growth in a rapidly changing finance sector.
What else should I know?
This is an ideal opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the “Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For” for the last 17 years - the only law firm to achieve this. We are also delighted to have been named by RollonFriday as one of the top law firms in the UK for the fifth year running. We have also achieved the much sought after Three Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm’s commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
The firm has a strong sector focus with expertise in agriculture, charities, education, food and beverage, health, insurance, private wealth, real estate investment, sport and technology. Clients include businesses from PLCs to start-ups, high net worth individuals and landowners, more than 120 universities, colleges and education bodies and over 100 healthcare organisations.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...