|Contact name:||Oliver Steel|
|Contact phone:||07918 207370|
|Published:||13 days ago|
|Closing date:||30 November 2022|
|Startdate:||24 November 2022 - 12 November 2022|
What does the role involve?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a versatile Associate (1 years PQE or above) to join the team on a permanent basis.
You will provide a wide range of general and specialist insurance advice for the London insurance market including advising on policy coverage and defending claims made against insureds.
- Be up to date knowledge of court and dispute resolution process and strategy
- Have previous experience of professional indemnity claims
- Have excellent team working skills
- Be enthusiastic about and committed to, business development, to building the firm’s profile with existing and target clients and to developing your own internal and external networks.
- Understand the importance of and demonstrate your ability to deliver outstanding client service.
Areas of work:
There will be the opportunity to work across a wide range of insurance related matters ranging from D&O and political risk claims through to cyber and professional indemnity claims. Our client list consists of an enviable (and growing) list of major insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates and MGAs.
Who will I be working with?
You will work with the London insurance partners, Neil Davis, Nik Oldham, Andrew Tobin, Lisa Taylor and Tom Filby. The team is part of the firm-wide Insurance Disputes NSL, which is headed up by Niall Innes, and supported by a professional support lawyer. You will also work with other partners in the Insurance Disputes NSL on specific projects or as part of a wider client service team.
Why should I apply?
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise. We have been listed as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, for the last 19 years.
- Good academics
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting
- Numeracy skills
- Negotiation skills
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with evidence of leadership experience
- Flexibility to work with and supervise team members
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- IT literacy
- Good research skills
- An enthusiasm for marketing with clients and multipliers
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions
- Legal Team PA - Corporate
Job location: Cambridge
The role This is a permanent full-time role wor...
- Executive Assistant - London
Job location: London
The Role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate Immigration - National
Job location: United Kingdom
Associate/Senior Associate - Immigration Employ...