|Office:||Norwich London Leeds Manchester Cambridge Birmingham|
|Discipline:||Employment pensions & immigration|
|Contact name:||Himpal Bains|
|Contact email:||[email protected]|
|Contact phone:||0121 456 8003|
|Closing date:||30 October 2023|
|Startdate:||23 August 2023 - 23 August 2023|
The role will encompass all aspects of providing pensions legal advice as part of the firm’s full-service offering.
The Associate will work directly in the pensions practice that advises on occupational pension provision within both the private and public sectors. In addition to undertaking legal advisory work on a full range of pensions matters, the Associate will also provide support with business development.
You will have at least 2+ years’ PQE and have trained and gained experience in a reputable firm well respected for its work in the area of pensions and pensions litigation. You will also have an aptitude and enthusiasm for pensions law as well as business development including the promotion of the team within pensions industry bodies.
The role additionally requires someone who:
- is self-managed and confident in setting and prioritising their own work agenda;
- has excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and so is able to demonstrate that they can convey complex matters in a way that different audiences can understand;
- is confident and able to build sustainable relationships with clients, lawyers and internal colleagues;
- is organised and methodical in how they approach their work;
- has excellent attention to detail;
- is a team player;
- is willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges;
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent technical ability.
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes.
- Experience in giving presentations on pensions topics.
- Self-starting with common sense and initiative, and ability to work as a team-player working on complex matters.
- Very good time and documentation management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to build very good relationships with clients, potential clients and multipliers.
- Very good research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, including ability to work with others, influence and persuade.
- Keen interest in developing client training skills.
- Project management skills.
- Experience of advising in respect of public sector pension provision is desirable but not essential as training, supervision and support will be provided.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions and cautions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- HR Business Partner - 12 Month FTC
Job location: United Kingdom
Full time, 12-month fixed term contract – Mater...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Life Sciences - Cambridge
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Legal Team PA (Real Estate) - Cambridge
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...