What does the role involve?
You will be working on a full range of real estate transactions being supported by the wider team both in Norwich and across the firm. Your work will involve working with clients on your own supervised matters and on larger projects with partners and senior lawyers. Your role will involve a wide range of varied matters such as landlord and tenant work, work on the real estate aspects of corporate work and real estate development transactions.
Areas of work are:
- development work (excluding construction) with a specific emphasis on large-scale, residential-led projects
- property investment portfolio acquisitions and disposals acting for both buyers and sellers
- advising private and institutional investors in relation to landlord and tenant issues
- general property management including:
o rent reviews
- corporate support in connection with share and business acquisitions/disposals
- property related banking and finance support
- Strategic land developers, comprising a range of landowners, promoters, development managers, and master developers
- Corporates with portfolio property holdings
- Property Investors
Why should I apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm rated as first tier in the Legal 500 directory, and Chambers directory, for real estate work in Norwich.
Mills & Reeve LLP has been listed as one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for the last 20 years.
What experience is required?
We are looking for a newly qualified solicitor although we would also welcome applicant from those with up to two years PQE. Experience of some commercial real estate work in your training is expected together with a keen interest in your learning and development as you grow your commercial real estate experience with us.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics – 2.1 degree and good A levels or equivalents
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting
- Negotiating skills
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm towards building and strengthening relationships with long established clients and advisors
- Flexibility to work with team members
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- IT literacy
- Good research skills
- An enthusiasm for marketing with clients and multipliers
Who would I be working with?
You will work with partners Caroline Dean and Carina Cobbold and their team. The team is part of the firm-wide Real Estate National Service Line (“RE NSL”), which is headed up by Richard Hanson, and supported by a professional support lawyer. You will also work with other partners in the RE NSL on specific projects or as part of a wider client service team.
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it’s like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions and cautions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Associate/ Senior Associate - Real Estate - London
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for an Associate to joi...
- 2 X Executive Assistants- Norwich - Private Client
Job location: Norwich
The role There are 2 Executive Assistant roles ...
- Executive Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Job location: London
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...