Associate/Senior Associate/Principal Associate - Agriculture - Cambridge
|Contact name:||Himpal Bains|
|Contact phone:||0121 4568003|
|Closing date:||06 January 2023|
We are looking for a Real Estate solicitor to join our Real Estate practice at an Associate, Senior Associate or Principal Associate level. You could be based in either our Cambridge, Leeds or London offices. At Senior or Principal Associate level, you could also be based from our new Oxford office. This role will be working in the Food and Agribusiness sector where you will undertake a wide range of Real Estate work including:
- Sale and purchase of agricultural land, farms and estates
- Land development schemes
- Agricultural and business tenancies
- Farming partnerships
- Renewable energy projects
- Mineral leases and
- Refinancing transactions for landowners and businesses operating in the rural sector.
Our clients are farmers, corporates, investors in land, trustees and owners of landed estates, charities and other rural property owners. The role offers plenty of direct client contact. The nature of the work and the clients concerned encourages the development of long lasting and fulfilling relationships with both clients and their agents.
Those at Senior or Principal Associate level will be able to manage and run complex hybrid promotion schemes, acquisitions and disposals of estates and strategic land whilst having a working knowledge of the relevant tax issues involved.
You will work with Partners Michael Aubrey and Amanda Tagg and a wider team who focus on the Food and Agribusiness sector. The team is part of the wider cross office Real Estate NSL, headed up by Partner, Richard Hanson.
At Associate level, we are looking for solicitors 2 plus years PQE or equivalent real estate experience gained in a high calibre firm. You will be 5 plus years PQE at Senior or Principal Associate level.
You will also have:
- Good academics.
- Be technically sound, ideally with experience of agricultural property work.
- Have an interest in issues such as food security, energy and natural resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting.
- Negotiating, lateral thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good IT literacy and research skills, including an ability to use online information sources.
- Enthusiasm towards building and strengthening relationships with clients and their advisors.
- Flexibility to work with several team members.
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive team player.
- Drive and commitment to see a job through.
- An enthusiasm to market and develop the practice.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Administrative Assistant (Leeds)
Job location: Leeds
Leeds, Permanent, Full time The role Administra...
- Associate - Corporate - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need a Corporat...
- Recruitment Administrator
Job location: United Kingdom
The roleReporting to the Senior Recruitment Man...