|Contact name:||Nicola Buck|
|Contact phone:||01603 693337|
|Published:||5 months ago|
|Closing date:||26 May 2022|
Mills & Reeve is a highly reputable national law firm recognised for investing in its people. A number of recent high profile panel appointments has seen an increase in tender activity. Therefore, the firm is looking for a Bid Administrator on a permanent basis to join the established bid team within the firm’s friendly marketing team to help maintain the firm’s high win rate. The team is led by a Head of Bids who really champions the growth and development of the Bid Team and has actively supported progression and promotion of various team members over the last few years.
What does the role involve?
You will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of the bids function across the firm. This role is key in the team and you will need to be efficient and adaptable, with a working knowledge of spread-sheets and good all-round administrative abilities, excellent customer service skills, to be a good organiser and understand the need for accuracy is also essential.
You would be expected to demonstrate strengths in terms of:
- Common sense
- Organisational skills: able to multi-task and be involved in a range of projects
- Team working: within the marketing team and with fee earning and other business services teams
- Confidence to work with a range of people
- Planning and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and balancing a demanding workload
- Research & analysis skills
- Attention to detail
Who will I be working with?
You will report to the Head of Bids and work closely with the rest of the bid team. On a day to day basis you will be working alongside a range of partners, lawyers, marketing and bid specialists and business and legal support specialists.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role has the following key performance areas:
- Tenders and pitches support including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring Bid Team core documents are up to date at all times;
- Supporting the bid automation system;
- Supporting the Bid team in the maintenance of materials for a successful pitch process and best practice e.g. tender collateral and images;
- Supporting team on ad-hoc tenders and pitches projects and initiatives.
- Preparation of CVs and Team Charts including circulation to fee-earners where appropriate;
The outcomes for the role are:
- Production process runs smoothly
- Database of up to date core content
- Consistent approach to tender documentation support material e.g., team charts, CVs etc.
- Collation of tender documents and ensuring safe delivery of documentation on time.
- Assisting with research on clients and markets through the use of internet search, PMS and other research facilities
- Pain-free document production.
- Being part of effective team.
- Strong understanding of firm’s offering and client base.
- Dealing with internal clients effectively over the telephone and in person.
- Recruitment Advisor (Early Talent)
Job location: Birmingham
Permanent position, HR team, ideally Birmingham...
- Senior or Principal Associate - Insurance Disputes - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Executive Assistant - Family
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based ...