|Discipline:||Digital & Data|
|Contact name:||Vibha Mistry|
|Contact phone:||0121 456 8402|
|Published:||18 days ago|
|Duration:||Fixed term Contract - 7 Months|
|Closing date:||04 July 2022|
A 7 month fixed term contract role, working 75% of hours in the London office and the remaining hours from home. This role will be based in our London office, but may need to travel within working hours to other Mills & Reeve offices in Norwich, Cambridge, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham.
Mills & Reeve has a strong belief that appropriate and innovative use of data can significantly contribute to the success of the firm. In recognition of this, the firm is looking to define a new data strategy to ensure future needs can be met. We are looking for a Business Analyst to work with the Director of Data & Digital Strategy to conduct this work.
In this role, the Business Analyst will collect requirements via interviews and workshops, analyse them, prioritise them against a set of criteria, and translate them into functional stories. The candidate will help to run strategy workshops, process the output and integrate that information into the requirements. Finally, the Business Analyst will synthesize the information which will be used to input into the data strategy.
The candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to touch type, be highly organised and IT literate (Office and also products like Viso/Planner). Working on analysis, strategy setting, and requirements management, you will work to ensure deliverables support the vision and priorities of the project. You’ll contribute across the wider team, assisting others, sharing knowledge and supporting a culture of discovery and improvement.
This candidate will work within a team of approximately 4 people, and report to the Director of Data & Digital whilst working closely the wider business. Our in-house Data & Digital Strategy team will consist of:
- Director of Data & Digital Strategy
- Business Analyst (this role)
- Plus two other team members
Given the challenges of this role, we are seeking a Business Analyst who has prior experience working on end to end data, digital, technology strategy projects. The candidate will ideally have experience working with a range of internal stakeholders (BA's, technology and business leaders).
The role additionally requires someone who has the:
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into functional requirements
- Analytical ability to understand situations by breaking them down systematically and identifying the relationships between the component parts
- The ability to apply specific quality standards to all tasks, to ensure deliverables are accurate and complete
- Ability to create clear, concise, well written documentation, reports and presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively when dealing with complex solutions
- The ability to touch type
- Conducting As-Is Assessment around Mills & Reeve’s use of data, evaluating business processes with regards to data usage and identifying opportunities for optimisation
- Gathering, processing, analysing and prioritising requirements of current and future data needs, generating key-findings report
- Conducting a gap analysis, researching solutions
- Documenting clear and concise business data usage flows
- Assisting with the running of workshops, processing post-workshop information
- Interviewing stakeholders
- Creating business cases, documenting findings/workshop outputs and generating presentations incl. financials
- Contributing to the data and digital strategy, provide input
- An MBA qualification is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while being productive
- Work independently as well as within your team
- Strong presentation skills
- Subject matter expertise in data or technology strategy projects
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Senior or Principal Associate - Insurance Disputes - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Executive Assistant - Family
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based ...
- Executive Assistant - Norwich
Job location: Norwich
The role Executive Assistant roles are based w...