|Contact name:||Samuel Taylor|
|Published:||2 months ago|
|Closing date:||07 October 2022|
|Startdate:||30 September 2022 - 30 September 2022|
Full time – Birmingham, Cambridge, Leeds, Manchester or Norwich - 12 Month Fixed term contract
The Central Inception Team Advisor works within the Central Inception Team (CIT) and is an expert in customer due diligence and client and matter on-boarding. As a CIT Advisor you will help the CIT deliver outstanding client service to the business by developing and maintaining relationships with specific National Service Lines and supporting and advising lawyers on their client on-boarding and Anti Money Laundering queries. In addition, you will provide support, training, and supervision to the CIT Assistants.
Reporting to the Head of Client Acceptance and working closely with the wider Finance team as well as the Risk & Compliance team, you will build key working relationships with National Service Line Leaders and key stakeholders in the business together with working with other lawyers, Executive Assistants and the Research and Information team.
This is a busy and challenging role where you will take a lead role within the CIT. To be successful you are likely to be a graduate, possibly with a law degree, but educated to at least degree level or the equivalent. You will have experience of working within a law firm (or professional services firm) and be an expert in anti-money laundering procedures and have conducted conflict identification searches. You will have research experience and have experience of successfully training others on policies and procedures. You will have clear written communication skills together with strong analytical skills
You will be able to demonstrate a common-sense approach, excellent attention to detail, a methodical approach to your work and a keenness to investigate issues and see problems through to conclusion. You will also be a team player who is proactive, enthusiastic to learn new skills and willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
* Maintain expertise in customer due diligence and client and matter on-boarding requirements. This includes having knowledge of external guidance (such as the LSAG guidance) and the money laundering regulations.
* Provide advice and support to lawyers on the inception of clients and matters – given the experience level of the CIT Advisor this will normally be the inception of high risk or complex clients and matters and include support around matter risk assessment and client source of wealth and source of funds enquiries.
* Build and maintain relationships with NSL leaders and key partners within a NSL – this includes having an understanding of a particular NSLs practice area and being the point of contact for a query from that NSL.
* Provide training, support, coaching and supervision to members of the CIT, including reviewing the team members progress and feeding back to the Head of Client Acceptance where required.
* The CIT is always seeking continual improvements in order to protect the firm and give our internal and external clients outstanding client service. Support the CIT in achieving this by reviewing the CIT policies, processes and guidance and working with the Head of Client Acceptance and other advisors in delivering changes in the way the team operate.
* Help in managing the team’s workflow and task list and ensuring matters are picked up in a timely manner.
* Conduct “Level 2” approvals in a consistent, accurate and efficient manner.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Legal Team PA - Corporate
Job location: Cambridge
The role This is a permanent full-time role wor...
- Executive Assistant - London
Job location: London
The Role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate Immigration - National
Job location: United Kingdom
Associate/Senior Associate - Immigration Employ...