|Discipline:||Knowledge learning & development|
|Contact name:||Ben Porter|
|Closing date:||09 June 2023|
Digital and Knowledge Management Team, Cambridge, Permanent, Full time
We are looking for a Digital Assistant to work within the Digital and Knowledge Management team. This is a great opportunity to work in an experienced, friendly and expanding team with a pivotal role in Mills & Reeve’s fast changing digital environment. There will be opportunities for progression, and expansion of the role.
Working directly with the Digital and KM team you will initially support the new intranet project and be involved across all aspects of it. This will evolve into a role supporting the ongoing management, governance a development of a first class intranet, with the opportunity to become subject matter expert for the intranet. In addition a significant part of the role will be to assist the Head of Knowledge Management and Digital and others in implementing the firm’s emergent Digital Strategy.
In both parts of the role you will be working with and supporting lawyers and all business support teams across the firm. You will report to the Head of Knowledge Management and Digital. There will be opportunities to work in the firm’s other offices from time to time.
- To be successful in the role you will be well organised and methodical in your approach to your work. You will be self motivated and have confidence to work with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- You will be able to manage your own workload and priorities as well as providing support to others in the team and around the firm as required. You will enjoy working with people and have an aptitude for learning new digital skills.
- You will be confident and able to build good and sustainable relationships with lawyers, other internal colleagues and clients.
- You will need to have excellent attention to detail, be keen to provide a high standard of service, and be willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges in this ever evolving role.
Given the challenges of this role, it is likely that your background and experience will include:
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment
- Previous experience working with SharePoint intranets will be beneficial but is not essential, as your role and knowledge will grow with the project.
- Working with the project team on all aspects of the new intranet project, including helping with content planning and loading, liaising with legal and business support teams around their requirements for the new site and becoming a knowledgeable “go to” person to support colleagues using the new site.
- Helping with ongoing management and governance of the site, supporting those who have editorial roles and helping to implement processes for good site management.
- Helping to promote effective use of the intranet and with awareness raising and engagement activities.
- Supporting the Head of KM and Digital in implementing the many activities arising from the Digital Strategy, such as maintaining an approved digital applications register, developing and supporting a project initiation process, liaising with colleagues to assist with new digital proposals.
- Developing an understanding of the firm’s digital ecosystem and how all colleagues can best use it to deliver outstanding client service.
- Helping other colleagues to work within the Digital Strategy guidelines by assisting with awareness and engagement activities.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check ??
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an Assistant level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it’s like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
- Marketing & Research Intern
Job location: Birmingham
Are you a business/marketing/legal graduate loo...
- Administrative Assistant (Leeds)
Job location: Leeds
Leeds, Permanent, Full time The role Administra...
- Associate - Corporate - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need a Corporat...