This is a national role with responsibility to improve the digital performance of the firm’s website(s) with a focus on improving the family team’s online presence. Ideally to be based in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, or Cambridge.
Mills & Reeve is moving towards a hybrid model of working so while there can be an element of working from home you will also be required to be based in our offices for at least half of your working week. Travel to our other offices is also likely to be required at some stage.
You will be the Digital Marketing Executive working with an established team which is led by Steve Simpson, Digital Marketing Manager. The role requires close liaison with many people in particular the family team, and people responsible for the marketing and business development of the family team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Increase the organic reach of the firm’s family department online presence using SEO
- Provide advice and guidance on best practice digital marketing activity
- Work with the wider digital marketing team to manage the family team’s digital channels and assets; improving the usability, content, data capture and conversion by conducting regular reviews and making recommendations for improvements based on a variety of data sources e.g. Google Analytics, GSC, Ahrefs etc
- Manage the digital agency to ensure they are achieving agreed KPI’s
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPI’s).
- Write and proof-read website content, including landing pages, blog posts etc, following agreed sign-off process
- Consulting / planning end-to-end digital marketing campaigns, collaborating with team members and working with internal stakeholders to execute new ideas
- Knowledge of key tools such as Ahrefs, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, Google Tag manager etc
- Assist with developing digital acquisition campaigns built across multiple channels such as Facebook Ads Manager / Google Ads Editor / LinkedIn ads etc
- Plan, create and schedule compelling creative content (text/images/video) across various social profiles that engages our audience and enables the brand to maintain a consistent presence
- Work with 3rd party contractors to brief on-brand content to deliver the digital marketing strategy
- Writing and optimising content that fits with the brand tone of voice / style, that improves rankings, engagement and direct response from our target audience
- Produce weekly/monthly reports clearly communicating performance against target KPI’s, analysis with actionable insights, and recommendations for optimisations
- Research / monitor and report on digital marketing strategies employed by competitors
Measures of success
- Improving the SEO rankings for agreed terms
- Increase the organic and paid traffic to the website(s)
- Working with the digital agency to deliver agreed number of cases through organic and paid activity
To be successful in this role, you are expected to demonstrate strengths in terms of:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within professional services
- Previous working knowledge of using social media in a corporate environment
- Previous experience of producing / editing content, podcasts, video, written content, graphics etc.
- Using your initiative to identify opportunities for campaigns and content
- Comfortable with Content Management Systems
- Keen interest in technology
The role requires:
- Education to A level or equivalent
- Excellent level of written English and confident proofing others work
- Experience of communicating at all levels
- Great writer with an eye for detail
- Able to bring creativity
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Highly confident with a strong work ethic
- Confidence to communicate with lawyers and other senior members of staff face to face as well as by phone and email
- Willingness to learn
- Travel to our other offices as required
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an Advisor level. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure will be made available at interview stage.
- Finance Assistant/Senior Finance Assistant
Job location: United Kingdom
A full-time permanent role, with hybrid working...
- Associate/ Senior Associate - Real Estate - London
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for an Associate to joi...
- 2 X Executive Assistants- Norwich - Private Client
Job location: Norwich
The role There are 2 Executive Assistant roles ...