|Contact name:||Vibha Mistry|
|Contact phone:||0121 456 8402|
|Published:||3 months ago|
|Closing date:||23 May 2022|
A Permanent and Full time role, with a flexible hybrid working policy. This role will be based in either our Birmingham, Norwich or Cambridge office.
At Mills and Reeve Full Stack Developers are called Application Developers in house.
Mills & Reeve has a strong belief that appropriate and innovative use of IT can significantly contribute to the success of the firm. In recognition of this, the firms investment in its IT systems is considerable.
The firms in-house development teams primary role is to help ensure that the return on this investment is maximised by delivering bespoke IT solutions to business requirements. This role will involve the ongoing support, enhancement and development of the firms major applications both in-house and externally provided (Thompson Reuters 3E and 3E MatterSphere) alongside our internally and externally facing web-applications. The role will also involve the use of Microsoft 365 / Azure technologies and potentially advising and developing against our CMS platform (Kentico).
The development work will be performed in line with the firms information architecture and in particular will include integration with a variety of the firms other information systems. This role represents a unique opportunity for the right individual to utilise their existing skills and develop an awareness of emerging technologies while gaining commercial experience within a leading law firm using best practices.
Who will I be working with
This role will work within a development team of approximately 4 people, and report to the IT Development Manager whilst working closely the wider IT department.
Our in-house development team will consist of:
- One IT Development Manager
- One Application Developer (this vacancy)
- One Application Support Developer
- One Trainee IT Development Support Analyst
This role represents a unique opportunity to take a prominent stance within a new structure for the IT Development team and therefore have the potential to expand towards a “lead developer” position.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful person will:
- Own the full lifecycle design, development, ongoing maintenance and support of in-house desktop and web applications
- Be influential within the development and support of our third-party applications
- Develop, test and maintain program code relating to the applications
- Take a lead on migrations to newer platforms
- Engage in development involving Microsoft 365 / Azure technologies
- Build close relationships with the IT department and third-party software suppliers
- Provide third-line support for applications as and when required
- Attend any meetings or training sessions as necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Documented experience of internal product ownership
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrable commercial experience of: Database languages (SQL), Development experience (C# / PHP), Web-development awareness
- Understanding of development best practice
- Appreciation of the wider field of IT outside your own specialisation
- Proven experience of performing a similar role in a comparable environment
Please note applications are being reviewed on a regular basis and interviews are being scheduled, to avoid disappointment we recommend applying as soon as possible.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...