Legal PA - Up to 12 months FTC
|Discipline:||Corporate & commercial|
|Contact name:||Vibha Mistry|
|Duration:||fixed term - up to 12 months|
|Closing date:||10 April 2023|
At Mills & Reeve, Legal PA's hold the title of Executive Assistant. Executive Assistant roles are based within the Executive Support Services (ESS) team which is responsible for supporting all areas of the business. The fixed term role role reports to the Birmingham office Executive Support Manager and is responsible for providing a high quality support service to the lawyers, utilising available resources as appropriate.
The role is based within the firm's Corporate & Commercial National Service Lines (NSL) . The role will work alongside the Document Production Specialists and Administration Assistants whilst providing support to 4-5 fee earners.
A typical day could include:
- Assessing, managing and prioritising own work flow, delegating relevant tasks to the Administrative Assistants
- Responsible for ensuring relevant documentation is available
- Prepare and distribute agendas, itineraries and meeting papers including chasing any pending items to ensure lawyers have adequate time for planning
- Ensure lawyers’ diaries are managed and maintained, including but not limited to organising/arranging events/travel, ensuring all ancillary arrangements made, work and activities are scheduled, any potential challenges resolved to make the lawyers’ day to day working easier to manage
- Responsible for compliance and money laundering requirements
- Ensure outstanding attention to detail, sense and quality check all work and identify quality issues and address problems prior to lawyer review
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful your background will probably include:
- Experience in a similar role, such as a PA or Secretary and ideally within a similar environment
- Experience of providing support to multiple people i.e. diary management, arranging travel/events
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office systems; Outlook and Word
In addition, the role requires someone who:
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and establish good working relationships at all levels
- Has excellent planning and organisational skills
- Is flexible and willing to work additional hours as the role demands
- Provides outstanding client service at all times
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Has excellent presentational and attention to detail skills
- Remains calm under pressure
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Principal Associate - Corporate - Manchester
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need an experie...
- Associate - Insurance Disputes - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We have a fantastic opportunity for a...
- Executive Assistant - Norwich
Job location: Norwich
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...