A Permanent, Full Time role based in Leeds or Manchester
Due to successes in raising profile, building new networks and new business wins from having dedicated external facing senior resource, the need has arisen to increase the support for this role and build on the current activity. We are seeing an increasing number of leads being generated from the increased range of marketing and BD programmes that we run and need to be proactive and agile in our approach to following up on these opportunities.
Given the scope of this role, it is expected that your background and experience will include:
- Experience of the professional services sector
- An in-depth understanding of legal services
- A successful track record of introducing new business opportunities
- Proven ability to develop and build relationships across a wide range of industries and with a diverse set of buyers e.g. CFOs, CEOs, GCs
- Demonstrable strengths in influencing and motivating partners and other key stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge and skills regarding sales strategies and tactics
- A strong track record of working with marketing, client care and business development functions to identify, develop and grow new business opportunities
The role additionally requires someone who:
- Inspires confidence in their ability to fully and successfully represent the Mills & Reeve business
- Is able to build sustainable relationships with clients, lawyers and internal colleagues at all levels
- Has excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and so is able to demonstrate that they can convey complex matters in a way that different audiences can understand
- Possesses strong data analysis and digital skills to enable an intelligence driven approach to identifying new business opportunities
- Is well organized and structured in their approach to work and is driven by outcomes
- Is self-managed and confident in setting and prioritising their own work agenda
- Is willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges
Sector and services new business development
- Working with the partner and lawyer cohort and BD team to identify and develop relationships with clients who have the potential to become significant clients
- Working alongside the partners and lawyers to convert these relationships into clients and then maintaining oversight for the initial years of the relationship to ensure that the fee potential is fulfilled. This will include a focus on cross-selling both service and sector specialisms and working with the client care advisors and BDAs to identify the best opportunities
- Identifying and working with refers of work with the potential to refer a pipeline of opportunities to maximise opportunities
- Actively building and developing new networks across our business and defined practice areas across the firm
- Building and maintaining a live pipeline of leads from our marketing and BD events / activity
- Supporting and making recommendations on enhancements to firmwide systems to ensure that the source of new clients and referrals is more accurately recorded and reported on at inception
- Supporting the creation of a deal origination taskforce utilising tech platforms
- Making best use of internal and external data to help identify new client opportunities
- Coaching and training our partners and lawyers to recognise and open up potential new business opportunities
- Supporting the ongoing development of best practice for winning and growing new clients
- Ensuring that a new client focus is part of BD activities and working across the BDA cohort to further embed this approach
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at a Manager level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
- HR Business Partner - 12 Month FTC
Job location: United Kingdom
Full time, 12-month fixed term contract – Mater...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Life Sciences - Cambridge
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Legal Team PA (Real Estate) - Cambridge
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...