|Discipline:||Projects & Construction|
|Contact name:||Annie Wilton|
|Contact phone:||01603 693314|
|Published:||4 months ago|
|Duration:||Fixed Term Contract - 12 months|
|Closing date:||28 January 2022|
Please note: The original closing date was 18 February 2022, it has now been changed to 28 January 2022.
We are looking for a paralegal to join the construction team based in our Cambridge office. You will work with Stuart Thompson, Partner, and other members of the team, undertaking a broad range of tasks on a mix of transactional construction projects.
The role is for a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
Work will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with reviewing/ drafting/ amending/ reporting on appointments, novation agreements, letters of reliance and collateral warranties.
- Client liaison.
- Assisting with due diligence.
- Drafting letters, memos and attendance notes.
- Creating signature compiled originals and arranging for these to be sent to client/ other parties.
- Reviewing and collating conditions precedent documentation and updating matter trackers.
- Collating large numbers of documents both in paper format and e-format
- Preparing documents using agreed standards and precedents
- Undertaking legal or other research
- Engrossing final documents
Who will I be working with?
Working under close supervision, you will have diverse and interesting work within this team. which is primarily based in Cambridge. The wider construction team has members based in Birmingham, London and Manchester.
What experience is required?
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to learn and expand skills.
- Ability to build relationships with team members, clients and multipliers.
- Excellent written English.
- Attention to detail.
- Good management skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Flexible in approach.
- Hard working.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...