|Contact name:||Samuel Taylor|
|Published:||28 days ago|
|Closing date:||29 May 2022|
Probate Manager, Birmingham
What does the role involve?
We are looking for an experienced probate specialist
You will advise a range of clients specialising in probate work and estate administration on a wide variety of matters including, all aspects of finalising a person's estate, including;
- Applications for grants of representation
- Inheritance tax calculations
- The distribution of assets and establishing or re-structuring trusts under a will.
Typically, we act for wealthy families and individuals, business people and landowners, and who often have large and complex estates.
Why should I apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the Leading Private Client Team in the Midlands, undertaking technically interesting work and working alongside top Estate Planning Lawyers.
What experience is required?
You will be a Chartered Legal Executive, Solicitor or Probate Manager with proven experience within probate work.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Previous experience in a comparable role
- Good IHT and technical knowledge
- Solid previous experience of preparing sets of accounts for probates
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work
- IT literacy
- Attention to detail
Desirable (but not essential)
- Accounting or tax qualification
- STEP qualification
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...