Professional Development Lawyer - Real Estate - Any Office
|Contact name:||Himpal Bains|
|Contact phone:||0121 456 8003|
|Closing date:||05 August 2022|
Senior Real Estate Professional Development Lawyer (PDL)
What does the role involve?
We need a qualified solicitor to provide professional legal development support to the lawyers who work in our Real Estate (RE) group nationally and working with our existing PSL team. The RE PDL will be responsible for the development of the wide range of lawyers within the RE practice group. The role will also involve responsibility for developing thought leadership, market insights, briefings, blogs and articles for clients and the wider marketplace
Key deliverables and responsibilities of the role will include:
- To assist the RE NSL to implement training and development plans with all fee earners
- To assist with the management of talent especially at Associate and Senior Associate levels to include mentoring and coaching with career progression where appropriate
- To assist with creating and implementing a Principal Associate (PA) development programme
- To raise the external profile of the RE NSL across all sectors to include external article placement, speaker slots and creating up to date cred sheets and working with the various RE sub-NSLs
- Working with the PSL team to design and, where appropriate, deliver technical internal real estate training workshops to mid and junior level fee earners
- To support partners and associates as required in their client relationship development through preparing and/or identifying useful written and electronic materials (e.g., identify knowledge sessions for key RE clients)
- To gather, synthesise and produce good quality, up to date and readable material for inclusion in the firm’s opinion/blog pieces and on its external website
- To support and, where appropriate, project manage the implementation of new and ongoing knowledge management initiatives and identify metrics to measure their success
- Working with the PSL team, support legal and central teams in the collection and sharing of knowledge, information and best practice
- To assist our PSL team with developing and testing new products for the NSL
- Working closely with and liaising with the PSL team to ensure co-ordination of all roles and objectives.
The role is a national one. You can choose to be based in any of our six offices, but travel between offices will be required.
What are the working hours?
This is a 0.4 FTE role and we are flexible about how these days will be spread. Subject to Coronavirus restrictions, we would envisage that the majority of your working time would be spent in one of our offices, with the balance of working from home if desired.
Who will I be working with?
You will report to Caroline Hanratty the RE Know-how Partner who will set objectives and provide guidance. You will work closely with the Knowledge, Learning & Development team to ensure the work of the RE PSLs are aligned and co-ordinated with the firm’s strategy and with the existing RE PSL team. You will work closely with the partners and lawyers in RE and other PSLs across the firm.
Why should I apply?
This is a great opportunity to work with an ambitious and growing Real Estate practice and for a firm which has been named for a record 19th year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times’ annual survey and is the only UK law firm to have achieved this. We are also delighted to have been named by RollonFriday as one of the top law firms in the UK for the fifth year running.
What experience is required?
You will be an experienced RE lawyer with a good understanding of legal and commercial issues in the sector.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Technically proficient with experience of a professional support role, or equivalent experience in a fee-earning role.
- Committed and professional approach to improving the development and business understanding of lawyers in the RE group.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written English with ability to produce clear and engaging written materials
- Excellent IT skills and enthusiasm to develop understanding of new technologies
- Willingness to adapt and learn
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Administrative Assistant (Leeds)
Job location: Leeds
Leeds, Permanent, Full time The role Administra...
- Associate - Corporate - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need a Corporat...
- Recruitment Administrator
Job location: United Kingdom
The roleReporting to the Senior Recruitment Man...