|Discipline:||Knowledge Learning & Development|
|Contact name:||Oliver Steel|
|Contact phone:||07918 207370|
|Published:||29 days ago|
|Closing date:||27 May 2022|
What does the role involve?
We need a qualified solicitor to provide professional legal support to the lawyers who work in our Real Estate (RE) group nationally and working with our existing PSL for the RE Group. The RE PSL is responsible for providing technical legal support to lawyers through the provision of training, updates, technical advice, and the management of know-how. The role is a national one. You can choose to be based in any of our six offices, but occasional travel between offices may be required. We are open to discuss the number of hours committed per week and there is flexibility as to how that is delivered. This is a hybrid working role and you will have the opportunity to work from both home and the office.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Creating, managing and updating precedents and other critical know-how.
- Arranging and presenting legal updates and training sessions.
- Providing assistance to lawyers on know-how and legal questions
- Working and liaising with the present PSL team.
Who will I be working with?
You will report to Caroline Hanratty the RE Know-how Partner who will set objectives and provide guidance. You will work closely with the Knowledge, Learning & Development team to ensure the work of the RE PSL is aligned and co-ordinated with the firm’s strategy and with the existing RE PSL team. You will work closely with the partners and lawyers in RE and other PSLs across the firm.
What skills and experience is required?
You will be an experienced RE lawyer with a good understanding of legal and commercial issues in the sector.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Technically proficient with experience of a professional support role, or equivalent experience in a fee-earning role.
- Committed and professional approach to improving the legal knowledge and business understanding of lawyers with the RE group.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written English with ability to produce clear and engaging written materials
- Excellent IT skills and enthusiasm to develop understanding of new technologies
- Willingness to adapt and learn
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...