Senior Infrastructure Engineer
|Office:||Norwich Leeds Manchester Cambridge Birmingham|
|Contact name:||Ben Porter|
|Closing date:||31 March 2023|
|Startdate:||13 February 2023 - 13 February 2023|
Any Location, full time, permanent
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the design, planning and implantation of the firm’s infrastructure, delivering and maintaining a high level of service for the firms end users.
Working with various virtualisation technologies, and with a range of stakeholders across the platform, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the VDI platform and act as third line support for any issues that may arise.
Key duties responsibilities and accountabilities
You will be responsible for providing third line technical support for a busy IT Department as well as delivering projects end to end. You will mentor more junior members of the team and work closely with the Technical Services Team Leader and Head of Technology.
You will have a wide range of technical abilities and experience.
- Design, plan, and test the firm’s server infrastructure for maintenance, expansion, and upgrades
- Delivering and maintaining a high performance EUC (end user computing) environment
- Be the technical lead on internal projects and assist others to deliver projects to a high standard
- Proactively monitor server performance and identify issues before they cause service delivery issues
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software and other routine maintenance tasks
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
Excellent knowledge and experience with the below technologies:
- VMware / Azure virtualisation
- Citrix VDI infrastructure
- Microsoft 365
- Core Microsoft technologies – DNS / Certificates / RADIUS / Group Policy
- Automation / Powershell
- Microsoft Intune
- WAN / LAN technologies
- This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful the role requires someone who is/has:
- educated to degree level or has equivalent experience
- continued professional development, and willingness to keep up to date
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a demonstratable passion for technology
- experience of working and engaging with a variety of senior staff
- knowledge and understanding of how technology is implemented and supported in a professional services organisation
- Hands on, with a can-do attitude
Additional personal attributes will include:
- strong attention to detail
- a logical and systematic approach
- being good communicator (both written and verbal), who is able to explain more complicated matters in a simple and straight forward way
- energy and enthusiasm
- a pleasant and outgoing approach
- being a team player
- ability to be pragmatic and business minded
In addition, you will need to:
- travel to the firm’s other offices
- be flexible and able to work longer hours as the role demands
Experience / interest in the below technologies would be advantageous:
- Azure DevOps
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide business services career structure and published career progression frameworks for each of the business services teams. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at a Senior Manager level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of Senior Managers across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm's business services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it’s like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions/cautions.
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click here to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
- Principal Associate - Corporate - Manchester
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need an experie...
- Associate - Insurance Disputes - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We have a fantastic opportunity for a...
- Executive Assistant - Norwich
Job location: Norwich
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...