|Discipline:||Digital & Data|
|Contact name:||Vibha Mistry|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
|Closing date:||16 May 2022|
This is fantastic opportunity for a technical project manager who is looking for a new challenge in a supportive, diverse and friendly firm.
Mills & Reeve is building its data and digital offering as we have a strong belief that innovative use of data and digital can significantly contribute to the success of the firm. In recognition of this, the firm is building a new data and digital team.
You will be joining a new, fast-growing data and digital team as Mills & Reeve is in the process of building out its data and digital capability. As part of that team, you will be leading exciting, innovative, and diverse technical projects, with end-to-end responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to travel during working hours to other Mills & Reeve offices in Norwich, Leeds, Manchester, and Birmingham.
If you’re excited by the idea of being able to define and lead your work, by making a real impact, and of being essential to the growth of data & digital capabilities, this role might be a great opportunity for you.
You will be highly organised, will be detailed-oriented, will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be IT literate (Office and also products like Viso/Planner).
You will ideally have experience working with a range of internal stakeholders (BA's, technology and business leaders) and have managed in-house and 3rd party development teams.
You will be good at working in collaboration with people across the business, at sharing knowledge and at supporting a culture of discovery and improvement across the firm.
This candidate will work within a team of 6 people, and report to the Director of Data & Digital whilst working closely the wider business. Our in-house Data & Digital Strategy team will consist of:
- Director of Data & Digital Strategy
- Project manager (this role)
- Business Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- SQL Database Administrator
This candidate will also be working closely with our project management team, participating in their team meetings and project updates.
- Take ownership of the entire individual project life cycle from inception to deployment and post-deployment support
- Lead and manage multiple projects and activities of varying frameworks (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall), types, and sizes, ensuring objectives and project deliverables are accomplished according to plan
- Effectively manage scope, schedule, and budget, including financial forecasting, and proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies
- Understand high level architecture and consume high level technical flow information applying this understanding to your projects to be able to steer the project
- Project delivery within time and budget
- Manage stakeholder and project board expectations
- Managing 3rd Party provider development teams and internal technical teams
- Effectively managing project scope, issues and risks
- Ensure project reporting and project status are always accurately maintained
- Create and manage all required project artefacts and weekly status and velocity reports
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly project meetings, daily stand-ups, and ceremonies
- Effectively manage project lifecycle, including product backlog
- Build positive relationships with every interaction you have
Main duties and types of projects
You will be expected to run, manage and take ownership of multiple projects and various types of deliveries, ranging in complexity, that will include:
- Delivering key upgrades to an established bespoke product used by all our customers. This includes product enhancements, new features, bespoke software development and technical upgrades.
- New Products – Managing the overall delivery process from concept, right through to launch with key stakeholders.
- Data Migrations – Managing complex data migrations that includes player data, game data, payment data, financial and transactional history from external platforms and 3rd Party systems.
- Technical Integrations – Managing internal and external integration projects, ranging from internal back-office systems and product integrations, 3rd party wallet integrations and 3rd party platform / software integrations.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while being productive
- Work independently as well as within your team and project members
- Strong presentation skills
In this role, the candidate will be empowered to use their skills to help the business realise opportunities to increase agility and deliver value.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Administrative Assistant - Commercial - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
Manchester, Permanent, Full time The role Admin...
- Associate - Employment - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
The role We are looking for an employment law s...
- Executive Assistant - Insurance - Manchester
Job location: Manchester
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...