Family and Children Team, Norwich office, Full-time, Permanent
We are looking for a family associate to join our Norwich office, dealing with all aspects of family law. You will be working mainly with the Norwich team but will also support team members in the wider Family and Children National Service Line as required.
The position would initially involve working with all members of the team with the intention, over time, of developing a separate case load covering financial and children related work.
This role will be based in Norwich.
What experience is required?
- 2+ years PQE with training and experience in family law gained within a large regional or City firm.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics
- Enthusiasm and ambition
- Commitment to offering professional service at the highest level
- Ability to build relationships with clients, potential clients and multipliers
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Self-starter with common sense and initiative, and ability to work as a team-player working on complex matters
- Very good time and documentation management skills
- Ability to build very good relationships with clients, potential clients and multipliers
- Very good research skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- High level of IT skills
Who will I be working with?
You will primarily work with Norwich Family and Children team, led by Nick Stone; and also as part of the wider cross office Family and Children National Service Line (NSL). The Family NSL is supported by a professional support lawyer.
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise. This is an ideal opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the “Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For” for the last 20 years - the only law firm to achieve this. We are also proud to have been awarded Platinum Investors in People status this year. The firm joins a select club of only 6% of 50,000 assessed organisations awarded the coveted platinum status.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions and cautions).
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Associate/ Senior Associate - Real Estate - London
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for an Associate to joi...
- 2 X Executive Assistants- Norwich - Private Client
Job location: Norwich
The role There are 2 Executive Assistant roles ...
- Executive Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Job location: London
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...