What does the role involve?
You will be an integral member of the facilities team & take responsibility for a variety of tasks to ensure a comprehensive & high-quality facilities service, including Facilities & Reprographics Tasks & Reception cover.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working within the facilities team & will report to the facilities team leader.
- Ensure all internal & external post is dealt with efficiently & effectively.
- Set up meeting rooms/seminars & equipment as per requirements in a timely manner.
- Assist staff & partners with all their facilities related queries.
- Monitor facilities email inboxes, action tasks & reply to emails.
- Carry out building inspections, report maintenance issues & ensure remedial action is taken.
- Arrange couriers & carry out local h& deliveries.
- Assist with the provision of stationery supplies within the office.
- Complete basic maintenance & manual handling tasks.
- Provide Reception cover, welcoming visitors to the firm in a polite & professional manner.
- Carry out records management tasks as required.
- Assist line manager in tasks as delegated.
Ensure the scanning of documents, plans, text/pictures is to the highest standard
- Carry out additional tasks where necessary which may include; o photocopying documents & plans o collating documents o binding documents
- Printing documents & plans
- Photocopying & producing CD bibles
- Recording cost centres / client matter numbers for all work completed.
- Prioritising tasks to ensure urgent deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that all work leaving the department is checked with regard to quality or reproduction, as requested by the client.
- Notify your line manager of any faults with the reprographics equipment.
1. Professional conduct & compliance
- Adhere in all respects with the firm’s values of openness & integrity, working together, respect for each other & strong client relationships.
- Act in a professional manner at all times. o Where appropriate, wear Mills & Reeve uniform & make sure this is clean & fit for purpose.
- In accordance with the confidentiality undertaking that was signed upon joining the firm, keep the affairs of clients, former clients & current Mills & Reeve business confidential.
- Report any concerns regarding breach of confidentiality to the appropriate person.
- Enter into the spirit of the Mills & Reeve Diversity Policy & ensure that a positive diversity climate exists by treating others on their merits & by disassociating yourself from any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or sexual, racial or any other type of harassment.
- Comply with anti-money laundering requirements.
- Comply with Mills & Reeve procedures for the safe-keeping of documents.
2. Client care
- Act in a professional & courteous manner when dealing with clients (both internal & external) & always project a positive image of Mills & Reeve.
- Ensure relevant firm database/records are accurate & up to date on a regular basis.
- Have a good knowledge of services provided by Mills & Reeve.
- Take responsibility for alerting your senior reprographics operator or line manager, as appropriate regarding difficulties with client care you encounter.
3. Team working
- Work effectively with the Firm’s support services & treat all your work colleagues with respect.
- Understand & your own role & responsibilities & recognise those of others.
- Share your knowledge & skills with less experienced colleagues including new joiners.
- Help colleagues in your team & in other teams to manage workloads & meet deadlines.
- Deal Constructively with conflict in the team.
- Manage emails & telephone calls when colleagues are absent. Ensure internal clients are kept informed with updates.
- Contribute constructively to internal meetings.
4. Managing workload
- Meet deadlines or liaise with the appropriate person if a deadline is causing difficulty & provide updated time estimate.
- Speak to the senior reprographics operator or another appropriate person about actual & pending workload if problems arise.
- Consider options before presenting problems to colleagues.
- Be courteous & professional to others.
- Obtain the necessary information to deal with enquiries, requests, instructions etc.
- Identify, give & receive appropriate information during telephone conversations.
- Comply with the firm’s internal procedures for any absence from work.
- Answer telephone calls in line with Mills & Reeve policy.
- Take responsibility for alerting your team leader regarding difficulties with client care you encounter.
6. IT skills
- Be proficient with the features of the software packages used in your area of work.
7. Self development
- Ask for constructive feedback about your performance, consider issues identified & take steps to improve your performance.
- Identify the training & development you need to do your job more effectively & to further develop you personally & raise these during your annual performance review or at other times upon request.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at a Manager level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
Click “ Read More ” to see the full job description.
- Senior/Principal Associate - Transactional Construction - Oxford
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for a talented transac...
- Business Development Assistant
Job location: United Kingdom
A full time, permanent role based in any of our...
- Administrative Assistant - Birmingham - Private Client - Full Time
Job location: United Kingdom
Permanent, Full time, Birmingham (office workin...