A full-time permanent role, with hybrid working up to 50% from home
This is an exciting operational role to undertake general cashiering tasks and assist in the processing of client and office transactions in accordance with the Solicitors Regulations Authority Accounts Rules. The role will report into the Finance Team Leader and be part of the wider finance operations team which are based across our offices.
This role requires someone who ideally has experience of working in the legal industry or professional services firm and has a financial background, with a proven track record of delivering excellent internal/external client service.
It is likely that your background and experience will include the following areas of expertise:
- solid educational background with at least 6 GCSEs at grade 4 and above, or equivalent
- hold or be working towards an accounting qualification
- experience of working in a high volume transactional finance related office environment, preferably in legal or professional services sector
- have strong Excel and Microsoft office skills
- have excellent attention to detail
- have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and be confident working with all levels
- be organised and methodical in how you approach your work
- be self-managed, pro-active and confident in setting and prioritising your own work agenda
- be a team player, comfortable working with your local team and remotely with your finance colleagues in other locations
- Processing of Client and Office account transactions in line with SRA compliance and best practice
- Conduct inter-account transfers
- Assisting with Purchase Ledger invoices and payments
- Liaising with external clients on the firm’s credit card line
- Assisting the team with various Month End procedures
- Input and maintain correct accounting data on the computing system, observing current procedures for authorisation
- Advise fee earners and executive assistants in correct accounting procedures, and provide assistance and information in financial areas to enable fee earners to perform their client work in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in the completion of regular bank reconciliations and the posting of necessary corrections
- Answer queries from clients, banks and other work related institutions
- Supply information required by auditors and assist them in their audit where necessary
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks delegated by the team leaders and managers as appropriate
- Suggest ways in which the finance team can improve efficiency through the better use of technology or change to working practices
- To assist with the successful implementation of new systems and working practices on a consistent firm-wide basis
- Establish good working relationships with fee earners and executive assistants
- To work with other members of the finance team in respect of billing and credit control support for fee earning teams and generally assist in managing working capital
- Produce reports as required from the accounting system
- Ensure that fee earners and executive assistants are aware of financial best practice and how the implementation of that can benefit the firm
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer for a role, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes, but is not limited to, a basic DBS check, right to work check, any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability for the role. A full policy of the screening the firm undertakes is available on request.
The Mills & Reeve Business Services career structure
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an Assistant level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
- Senior/Principal Associate - Transactional Construction - Oxford
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for a talented transac...
- Senior Residential Property Executive- Real EstateLondon
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We are looking for ...
- Business Development Assistant
Job location: United Kingdom
A full time, permanent role based in any of our...