|Contact name:||Charlotte Jarman|
|Contact phone:||01223 222272|
|Published:||2 months ago|
|Duration:||Fixed term to end June 2023|
|Closing date:||22 November 2022|
Reporting to the firm’s Head of Procurement & Finance Operations, this is a key role managing the firm’s cash transactions, treasury, purchase ledger and SRA Accounts Rules compliance teams, with the aim of supporting the delivery of our firm’s 2025 strategy to be a leader in client experience. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing finance team and further your career in an ambitious and growing top 50 national law firm.
This role requires someone who has experience of working in a high performing finance team, ideally at another law or professional services firm, and has a proven track record of delivering excellent external and internal client service in a finance operations role. It is likely that your background and experience will include the following areas of expertise:
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance operations management role.
* Experience of managing a team.
* Ensuring a robust control framework is designed effectively and operating across operational finance, identifying and highlighting areas of risk and ensuring effective controls are in place.
* Able to demonstrate high level of competence in working within SRA Accounts Rules or other industry equivalent.
* High level of analytical skills, numerical and computer literacy, particularly with ERP / accounting software (experience of 3E preferred but not essential).
* Ability to interrogate accounting systems to ensure accuracy of data, identify issues, enhance and produce value added reports.
* Strong track record of building effective relationships at all levels. Ability to build rapport, gain respect and influence stakeholders.
* Be educated to degree level or equivalent in business management, finance or accounting, ideally with further accounting qualifications in ACA / CIMA / ACCA, or by relevant experience.
The role requires someone who:
* has strong attention to detail.
* is proactive and adaptable, with a continuous improvement mindset.
* is energetic and delivery focused, with resilience to deal with fast paced and challenging situations.
* is an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and has a consultative and collaborative working style.
* can make decisions and work independently.
* is logical and systematic in their approach.
In addition, you will need to:
* be willing to travel to the firm’s other offices on occasion.
* be flexible on when you take your annual leave depending on the demands at certain points in the annual finance calendar.
* be flexible and able to work longer hours as the role demands etc.
Managing three direct reports and an overall team of 15, you will be overseeing all aspects of a fast paced, high volume, complex transactional team. In more detail, you will be responsible for:
* ensuring high levels of service and compliance to our internal service level agreements, so that transactions are performed accurately and to our firm’s and clients’ deadlines.
* monitoring workload of the Finance Operations Team, prioritising and re-allocating work to ensure consistent and high levels of internal and external customer service at all times.
* Oversight of completion of daily and monthly bank reconciliations for office and client accounts.
* being responsible for identifying and mitigating cyber security risks and vulnerability to fraud across the finance operations team and associated processes ensuring effective controls, training and coaching is in place to mitigate this.
* Managing the team to ensure invoices are uploaded promptly to the finance system so payments are made on time and with appropriate approvals.
* Ensuring that client disbursements are accurately recorded on the finance system to ensure correct billing to clients.
Compliance & SRA
* Ensure the firm meets its obligations under the SRA Account Rules regarding client account transactions.
* Support COFA to maintain policies, regular monitoring of breaches and reporting to the Board.
* Adherence to professional accounting standards and policies to minimise risk or fraud.
* Leading the annual SRA accounts audit with our external auditors.
* Monitor client and office bank accounts to ensure sufficient funds are held, whilst maximising return on monies held for the benefit of the firm.
* Oversight of preparation of subsidiary bank accounts.
* Be key point of contact with our banks for day-to-day operations.
* Review and regularly update our interest policies.
* Ensure requests and queries from our internal and external clients are dealt with effectively and efficiently via the shared mailboxes and telephone lines.
* Manage the maintenance and accuracy of lawyer rates in the practice management system.
* Support the month-end balancing process, investigating issues and escalating as required.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Legal Team PA - Corporate
Job location: Cambridge
The role This is a permanent full-time role wor...
- Executive Assistant - London
Job location: London
The Role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate Immigration - National
Job location: United Kingdom
Associate/Senior Associate - Immigration Employ...