Knowledge Management and Digital Administrator
|Discipline:||Knowledge learning & development|
|Contact name:||Ben Porter|
|Closing date:||09 June 2023|
Digital and Knowledge Management Team, Cambridge, Permanent, Full time
We are looking for an Administrator to work within the Digital and Knowledge Management team. This is a great opportunity to work in an experienced, friendly and expanding team with a pivotal role in Mills & Reeve’s fast changing digital environment, and with a wide variety of work. There will be opportunities for progression, and expansion of the role.
You will support the team across both the Knowledge Management and Digital Strategy aspects of their work. Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Management and Digital you will be a valued team member for the whole team and will be supported by experienced colleagues.
There will be opportunities to work in the firm’s other offices from time to time.
- To be successful in the role you will be well organised and methodical in your approach to your work. You will be proactive and think ahead
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be able to manage your own priorities as necessary and provide support to others in the team. You will be aware of others’ workloads and priorities, will enjoy working with people and have an aptitude for learning new skills
- You will be confident and able to build good and sustainable relationships with your colleagues
- You will need to have excellent attention to detail, be keen to provide a high standard of service, and be willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges. You will be flexible and willing to go the extra mile when necessary to ensure work is completed on time
- You will actively seek to help other team members and request work when capacity allows. You will seek assistance for yourself when you need it and ask questions for clarity
- Good knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
Given the challenges of this role, it is likely that your background and experience will include:
- Good education qualifications
- Some experience of using IT applications other than Microsoft Office
An ability to demonstrate:
- strong and accurate communication skills
- ability to work independently and manage a varied workload
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- a flexible approach to work and ability to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities
- an appetite to learn and grow as opportunities present themselves
You will undertake a wide range of activities including:
- Drafting and circulating meeting agendas and related documentation
- Attending, and contributing to, team and other meetings
- Assisting colleagues with diary management
- Arranging meetings, workshops etc…
- Organising other requirements for meetings, workshops etc such as room bookings, IT equipment, catering, slide decks, workshop props etc…
- Taking notes of meetings, circulating to attendees and following up on action points
- Assisting with testing systems in accordance with test plans
- Organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Ad hoc administration
- Creating reports and other documents to a high standard
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
We have a firm wide Business Services career structure and a published career progression framework. Within the firm wide career structure there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an Administrator level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s Business Services career structure is available from the HR team.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it’s like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
- Marketing & Research Intern
Job location: Birmingham
Are you a business/marketing/legal graduate loo...
- Administrative Assistant (Leeds)
Job location: Leeds
Leeds, Permanent, Full time The role Administra...
- Associate - Corporate - Birmingham
Job location: United Kingdom
What does the role involve? We need a Corporat...