This is a permanent full-time role working primarily with the corporate lawyers. This role reports to the Executive Services Team Leader and the successful candidate would be responsible for providing a high-quality support service to their lawyers, utilising available resources as appropriate.
This role remains contractually office based as part of the Norwich or Cambridge Office, although we have recently launched a hybrid working policy that can also include some working from home. Please note that internally these roles have the title Executive Assistant.
This role is based within the firm’s Corporate & Commercial National Service Line and will work alongside the Document Production Specialists and Administrative Assistants.
A typical day would be:
- Assessing, managing and prioritising own workflow
- Delegating relevant tasks to the Admin Assistant inbox
- Responsible for ensuring relevant documentation or finance information is available
- Being first point of contact
- Managing relevant lawyer's diaries
- Managing and monitoring relevant lawyer's inbox
- Responsible for compliance, money laundering requirements
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful your background will probably include:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the legal sector, such as a Legal Secretary
- Experience of working for multiple people with competing demands
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and good experience of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (formally Grade C) or above to include Mathematics and English (or equivalent)
In addition, the role requires someone who:
- Can communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Has excellent planning and organisation skills and remains calm under pressure
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and establishes good working relationships at all levels
- Has a keen interest in the role and responsibility of an Executive Assistant at Mills & Reeve
- Has excellent presentational and attention to detail skills
- Positive can-do attitude/willing to learn
- Always provides outstanding client service
Why should I apply?
If you have an enthusiasm for organisation, outstanding client service and looking for job satisfaction, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
Please note that, if we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
It is possible that the individual may be required to take part in regulated work, should this occur, this post will then be also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The Mills & Reeve Executive Support Services (ESS) career structure
We have a firm wide ESS career structure and published career progression frameworks for each of the ESS roles of which there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an executive level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of an executive across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s ESS career structure is available from the HR team.
- Administrative Assistant - Oxford - Central ESS - Full Time
Job location: United Kingdom
Oxford permanent and full time Office based T...
- Legal Team PA - Corporate & Commercial (Cambridge)
Job location: Cambridge
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Senior/Principal Associate - Transactional Construction - Oxford
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for a talented transac...