Legal Team PA (Private Client)
|Contact name:||Sean Smith|
|Closing date:||31 May 2023|
This is a full-time role within the Private Client team on a full-time basis in the Cambridge office.
This role reports to the Executive Support Manager or Executive Support Team Leader and is responsible for providing a high-quality support service to lawyers, utilising available resources as appropriate.
This role will work alongside other Executive Assistants to provide an integral service to the Cambridge Office and to provide outstanding client service to the lawyers.
A typical day would be:
- Assessing, managing and prioritising own work flow
- Delegating relevant tasks to the Admin Assistant inbox
- Responsible for ensuring relevant documentation or finance information is available
- Being first point of contact
- Managing relevant lawyer's diaries
- Managing and monitoring relevant lawyer's inbox
- Responsible for compliance, money laundering requirements
This is a busy and challenging role and to be successful your background will probably include:
- Experience in a similar role, such as a Legal Secretary
- Experience of working for multiple managers with competing demands
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and good experience of Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (formally Grade C) or above to include mathematics and English (or equivalent)
In addition, the role requires someone who:
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Has excellent planning and organisation skills and remains calm under pressure
- Has the ability to work as part of a team and establishes good working relationships at all levels
- Hs a keen interest in the role and responsibility of an Executive Assistant at Mills & Reeve
- Has excellent presentational and attention to detail skills
- Positive can do attitude/willing to learn
- Provides outstanding client service at all times
A full copy of the job description is attached for further information.
Why should I apply?
If you have an enthusiasm for organisation, outstanding client service and looking for job satisfaction, then this role may be just what you are looking for.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
It is possible that the individual may be required to take part in regulated work, should this occur this post will then be also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The Mills & Reeve Executive Support Services (ESS) career structure
We have a firm wide ESS career structure and published career progression frameworks for each of the ESS roles of which there are five career levels. For the purposes of the framework, this role is at an executive level and the role profile that details the outcomes and activities expected of an executive across the firm is included with this job description. Further information on the firm’s ESS career structure is available from the HR team.
- Associate - Private Client - Leeds
Job location: Leeds
Private Client, Leeds, Full-time permanent The ...
- Associate - Private Client - Cambridge
Job location: Cambridge
Private Client, Cambridge, Full-time permanent ...
- Knowledge Manager
Job location: Cambridge
Digital and Knowledge Management Team, Cambridg...