|Discipline:||Regulatory Public & Commercial Disputes|
|Contact name:||Himpal Bains|
|Contact phone:||0121 456 8003 (8003)|
|Published:||7 months ago|
|Closing date:||03 January 2023|
|Startdate:||15 June 2022 - 15 June 2022|
We are looking for a solicitor or barrister to be responsible for dealing with a wide range of regulatory work. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a variety of different matters for a range of public and private sector clients that could include (subject to relevant experience and training) any of the following:
- Internal investigations; and
- Regulatory Investigations, enforcement and prosecutions by:
- Health and Safety Executive
- Care Quality Commission
- Regulator of Social Housing
- Financial Conduct Authority
- Charity Commission
- NHS England (Performers List Management)
- Coroner’s Inquests
The work will require some travel to service client needs nationally.
You will be expected to support the strategy of the firm, including Health, Insurance and Government Sector business development activity such as:
- Building strong client relationships and supporting client partners to deliver and monitor outstanding client service.
- Identifying target clients and pursing opportunities to interact with them, such as pitches and training.
- Attending networking events, both those developed internally and run externally.
- Contributing to the profile of the team through the writing of articles and blogs for both internal and external publication.
You are likely to be 5+ years qualified or equivalent experience with a good level of experience in some of the areas set out above.
- Good academics
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A can do approach
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time and file management
- An ability to build relationships with clients, potential clients
- Good research skills
- Competent analytical skills, ability to work under pressure, flexibility and team working
- Appropriate interpersonal skills as this work involves many challenges to practitioners, who must be able to deal with a variety of people issues
Why should I apply?
The Cambridge Regulatory team forms part of the larger Regulatory, Public & Commercial Disputes national service line and you can expect to work with colleagues in all offices. The team currently consists of two partners, two Principal Associates, one Senior Associates and two Associates.
This is a great opportunity to join a firm named for a record nineteenth year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, and is one of only a small number of organisations nationally to have achieved a listing for 19 years running, and the only UK law firm.
Who will I be working with?
Working under close supervision, you will have diverse and interesting work within this team, which is part of the wider cross office NSL with team members based in Birmingham, Cambridge, London, Manchester and Norwich.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to access your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. The firm’s standard benefits are detailed in the following link:
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm – they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
Why not find out more about what it’s like to work at Mills & Reeve by taking two minutes to watch our video?
Mills & Reeve is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and endeavour to achieve the right balance for both our people and the business. This attitude to flexible working ensures we continue to provide outstanding service to our clients, whilst allowing our people to develop their careers in the knowledge that personal priorities will remain just that.
Mills & Reeve is committed to promoting equality, diversity and to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. Please click the link below to find further information regarding our diversity policy.
If you would like any more information about Mills & Reeve, you can visit our website by clicking on the following link:
- Legal Team PA - Corporate
Job location: Cambridge
The role This is a permanent full-time role wor...
- Executive Assistant - London
Job location: London
The Role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate Immigration - National
Job location: United Kingdom
Associate/Senior Associate - Immigration Employ...