Senior Associate - Employment (Health) - Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds
|Discipline:||Employment pensions & immigration|
|Contact name:||Himpal Bains|
|Contact phone:||0121 4568003|
|Closing date:||03 April 2023|
|Startdate:||29 September 2022 - 29 September 2022|
We are looking for an experienced employment law solicitor to join the Employment, Pensions and Immigration NSL.
You will be advising employers on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters, as well as engaging in business development activity to promote the firm’s practice. Advocacy experience is welcome.
You will have 4+ years’ employment experience gained in a reputable firm with a substantive employment law practice.
What skills and attributes will I need?
Given the challenges of this role, it is likely that your background and experience will include the following.
- Good academics – 2.1 degree or equivalent with good A levels or equivalents
- Clear enthusiasm for employment law
- Excellent written English for drafting purposes
- Excellent presentational skills
- Self-starting with common sense and initiative, and ability to work as a team-player working on complex matters
- Very good time and documentation management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to lead on Employment Tribunal matters and run matters with minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise and assist junior lawyers
- Ability to build very good relationships with clients, potential clients and multipliers
- Very good research skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, including ability to work with others, influence and persuade
- Keen interest in developing client training skills
- High level of IT skills
- Marketing and business development skills
- Previous experience of advising large employers
- Advocacy experience
Who will I be working with?
You will work with Jog Hundle and other members of our Birmingham employment team, and will be part of the cross office Employment, Pensions and Immigration NSL which is headed up by partner, David Mills. As part of that cross office team, you may also be required to assist colleagues in other offices.
What else should I know?
This is an ideal opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the “Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For” for the last 18 years - the only law firm to achieve this. This year we were named as Roll on Friday’s Firm of the Year. We have also achieved the much sought after Three Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm’s commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise.
The firm has a strong sector focus with expertise in agriculture, charities, education, food and beverage, health, insurance, private wealth, real estate investment, sport and technology. Clients include businesses from PLCs to start-ups, high net worth individuals and landowners, more than 120 universities, colleges and education bodies and over 100 healthcare organisations.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions and cautions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Senior Associate - Insurance Disputes (Construction) - London
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We have a fantastic opportunity for a...
- Paralegal - Private Client
Job location: Manchester
Private Client, Manchester, Permanent The role ...
- Associate - Employment - Norwich
The role We are looking for an employment law ...