We are looking for Senior/Principal Associate Real Estate practitioners to join the Real Estate Group. Based in our Norwich office and working in the Food & Agribusiness sector, you will undertake and assist with a wide range of real estate work including (and depending on your level of experience):
- Sales, purchases and advisory work in relation to farms, landed estates and agricultural land
- refinancing transactions for landowners and rural businesses
- agricultural, rural and business tenancies
- farming partnerships
- trust related property work
- complex registrations of farms and estates
- rural land development schemes
- renewable energy projects
- mineral leases
Our clients are farmers, corporates, investors in land, trustees and owners of landed estates, charities and other rural property owners. The role offers plenty of direct client contact. The nature of the work and the clients concerned encourages the development of long lasting and fulfilling relationships with both clients and other professionals.
You will be able to manage and run acquisitions and disposals of agricultural land/estates/strategic land, and it would be advantageous for you to have a basic knowledge of the relevant tax issues involved. However, we will provide training and support to develop your skills.
You will work with our partners Catherine Scott, Michael Aubrey, Amanda Tagg and other team members focusing on the Food & Agribusiness sector. The team is part of the wider cross office Real Estate NSL, headed up by partner Richard Hanson.
We are looking for 4PQE+ Senior and Principal Associates with:
- Good academics
- Excellent technical ability, ideally with experience of agricultural property work
- Have an interest in issues such as food security, energy and natural resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, logical drafting
- Negotiating skills
- IT literacy
- Good research skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- Lateral thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm towards building and strengthening relationships with clients and their advisors
- Flexibility to work with several team members
- Effective time and matter management and a systematic approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Drive and commitment to see a job through
- An enthusiasm to market and develop the practice is required.
This is an opportunity to build your skills and experience with a major UK law firm, listed as one of the Sunday Times' 100 Best Companies to Work For for the last 20 years - the only law firm to achieve this. Mills & Reeve has been named as one of the top law firms in the UK for the fifth year running by RollonFriday. We have also achieved the much sought after Three Star Accreditation and been named as one of 100 Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For as a result of outstanding levels of staff engagement and the firm‘s commitment to creating a positive working environment for all employees.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check and security clearance
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (to check for any previous criminal convictions and cautions) and, given the nature of the work-type, you may also be required to undergo national security vetting to SC level – the latter can be undertaken following commencement of employment.
Mills & Reeve is committed to building a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive environment in which all our people can thrive. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our firm stronger, and we have a collaborative culture that celebrates different perspectives and values respect for one another, working together, and openness and integrity. Our approach to flexible working means that we work in a way that achieves the right balance for our people, our clients and for our business.
- Associate/ Senior Associate - Real Estate - London
Job location: United Kingdom
The role We are looking for an Associate to joi...
- 2 X Executive Assistants- Norwich - Private Client
Job location: Norwich
The role There are 2 Executive Assistant roles ...
- Executive Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Job location: London
The role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...