|Contact name:||Samuel Taylor|
|Published:||6 months ago|
|Closing date:||11 December 2022|
|Startdate:||30 September 2022 - 30 September 2022|
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a Senior Trust Manager to assist the management of trusts across our Private Client National Service Line, to provide technical support to other team members and the wider National Service Line and to work with and support the team leader, Sarah Wood.
The work undertaken in the private client team involves will drafting, estate planning, complex tax planning, trusts and estate administration, preparation of lasting powers of attorney, charity advice and administration on behalf of a range of private clients, trustees and charities. We act for wealthy families and individuals, business people and landowners.
You will advise a range of clients specialising in trust advice and administration, and including
* tax planning advice regarding all aspects of trusts
* inheritance tax calculations
* management and administration of complex trusts to include maintenance and preparation of all related accounting records and HMRC returns
* FATCA/CRS/Trust Register reporting
We will assist you to develop your management and supervision skills in the role.
Why should I apply?
If you are the kind of individual who enjoys providing clients with the complex advice they need to comply with their legal and tax obligations, building up strong relationships with those clients and with colleagues within the National Service Line and across the firm to provide a seamless service, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a firm at the prime end of the market, and which is the only law firm to have been listed as one of the “Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For” for the last 17 years.
What experience is required?
You will be an experienced Trust Manager with previous experience within a comparable role in a law or accountancy firm.
What skills and attributes would I need?
* Good academics - educated to a minimum of B grade A- level (or equivalent)
* Good numeracy and IT skills together with a working knowledge of case management systems and Excel
* Solid previous experience of preparing sets of trust accounts
* STEP, CIOT or ATT qualification
* Excellent written, clear and concise English
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work productively under pressure and meet deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
* Accounting qualification
* Knowledge of CCH software package
Who will I be working with?
You will be part of a dedicated trust administration team which is part of our wider Private Client National Service Line. The team is managed by Sarah Wood, Principal Associate, and our Private Client National Service Line is headed up by Chris Belcher, and supported by a professional support lawyer.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Legal Team PA - Corporate
Job location: Cambridge
The role This is a permanent full-time role wor...
- Executive Assistant - London
Job location: London
The Role Executive Assistant roles are based wi...
- Associate/Senior Associate - Corporate Immigration - National
Job location: United Kingdom
Associate/Senior Associate - Immigration Employ...