|Discipline:||Corporate & Commercial|
|Contact name:||Aimee Kelly|
|Contact phone:||0161 234 8727|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
|Closing date:||15 July 2022|
What does the role involve?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, friendly and award winning team that delivers high quality work for an impressive list of clients. Our team is top ranked in the legal directories.
We are looking for a commercial solicitor to join our leading national commercial team in the Cambridge office, to undertake a wide range of work including advice on commercial contracts, outsourcing; projects, IT agreements, intellectual property, data protection and public procurement.
Why should I apply?
The team has been growing strongly in Cambridge reflecting the growth in the world leading technology businesses we support. You will have a chance to work with clients who are at the cutting edge of their field, and to be part of the legal team behind the development of the latest technology.
The team also delivers a significant proportion of its work for Government clients, which offers an opportunity to get involved in high profile national projects, many of which are reported in the news.
The role offers the opportunity for career progression as the team continues to grow.
What experience is required?
You will have 4+ years post qualification experience gained in a large regional, national or international firm. You will have excellent technical skills in commercial law with a strong interest in IP, IT and information law. You will be a commercially-minded lawyer, who is prepared to turn your hand to a wide range of work.
What skills and attributes would I need?
- Good academics
- Excellent written English and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to build relationships with clients, potential clients and multipliers
- Strong negotiating skills
- Self-starting, with common-sense and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, including ability to work with others, influence, persuade
- Good research skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- Good IT skills
- Work as part of a team in line with the firm’s values
- Supervisory skills
You will be able to demonstrate an:
- interest in commercial law and how it impacts on relationships between businesses
- understanding of what makes businesses work and an ability to ask the right questions about what clients are trying to achieve from their commercial relationships
- ability to understand the environment that clients work in and to deliver “advice that advises”, both orally and in writing
- ability to assimilate a lot of information quickly and focus on the key issues
You will have:
- good time and file management skills to enable you to juggle lots of different matters
- flexibility to apply fundamental legal and commercial skills to a diverse range of contracts and arrangements
- dedication to providing outstanding client service
- ability to work under pressure
Who would I be working with?
You will be working with a range of our CIPIT partners, in particular Kevin Calder and Peter Wainman. You will be part of the wider cross office Corporate and Commercial National Service Line headed up by partner, Kevin Lowe.
What else should I know?
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise.
The firm has been named for a record 19th year running as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in The Sunday Times’ annual survey and is the only UK law firm to have achieved this. We are also delighted to have been named by RollonFriday as one of the top law firms in the UK for the fifth year running.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment, we will conduct pre-employment screening that includes checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, references from previous employers, your eligibility to work in the UK and any disciplinary history recorded with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). You will also be required to complete a self-declaration to assess your character and suitability.
Disclosure and barring service check
This post is also subject to a satisfactory response from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Technical Project Manager - London
Job location: London
The Company This is fantastic opportunity for a...
- Real Estate Disputes Paralegal
Paralegal (Real Estate Disputes) and Client Man...
- Senior SQL Database Administrator
Job location: London
The CompanyThis is fantastic opportunity for a ...